A Much Needed Break <OPEN>

The main, central area of the Weyr, since it's no longer a "bowl" like before, people have taken to calling it the courtyard, or more often, the Weyr Yard. Dragons land and take off here while people walk from building to building going along their daily duties.
LdyPayne
Marks: 3426.00 [Donate]

Re: A Much Needed Break <OPEN>

Postby LdyPayne » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:09 pm

Pacaran nudged Argow playfully, <That's why you have me and our clutch sister, to make sure everybody in the Pack at least gets along even if they don't all agree on everything. We can't have discord within the Pack if we are to work effectively together against a common threat.> Fortunately his job wasn't going to be too difficult, so far he and his clutch siblings got along fine and what interaction he had with other Daywhes gave him hope peace can be maintained. Patience may be the only real concern, some were so eager to find the Felines they may act unwisely. All Pacaran could hope for now is they stayed out of trouble long enough for he and his sister diplomat matured and could get to work.

"Neither do I," Shyran agreed. "It's bad for business too, well unless your business is selling weapons." Shyran knew weapon smiths would profit but couldn't blame them from plying their trade when the demand was there. It would be ideal if their weapons could be used against true enemies, like the dangerous animals of the jungle. Unfortunately too often the only way weapons were used was to harm another human being. "Perhaps with Pacaran and our dragonrider diplomat team we can help Walled Hold solve things peacefully and without bloodshed...if they ask for our assistance of course. I doubt the Mother will be to receptive if Atricia stuck their nose in their politics without an invite."

Shyran wondered if being a Guard would be as interesting as learning all they had learned up to this point as Daywherlings. She found the experience of getting to know Pacaran, even just getting used to having his presense constantly with her, feeling his emotions, had been quite a challenge and fascinating endeavor. Learning more about the part Daywhers played in the defense of the Weyr and environs, what duties would be expected of her beyond what all her other Daywherlings would be doing, it was all fascinating to her. Once fully graduated and in a Guard Team she was certain it will be also a learning experience but a part of it seemed rather dull to her. She hoped her worry about repetitiveness making the work quickly becoming dull was unfounded, though she didn't want to be fighting for the life of her Guard Team, Pacaran and herself own hide to be a daily activity either.

"It will have new challenges definitely but I have a feeling something can be said about wishing it is boring and uneventful. At least if it is, it means there aren't any threats out there to worry about. At least once those Felines are dealt with at any rate." Shyran would hate to lose people she was just getting to know once they start working with the Guard Teams.

"Oh, I wouldn't mark yourself as ill-suited to being a Diplomat. I think you have plenty of qualities and skills that would help you quite well in such a role. You are comfortable enough talking to a large group of people, and used to entertaining. I expect being entertaining while negotiating peace between two opposing factions could help ease tensions quite well. In fact, having both parties enjoying your singing would give them at least one thing in common. Being quiet also helps, as you are not likely to jump to conclusions, say or do something rashly in the heat of the moment. All very important skills."

"We should both make an effort to get to know our fellow Daywherlings even after we all graduate. I am not really one for parties but perhaps we can arrange a picnic gathering where we can just bring whatever food or drink we like and just hang out, talk and relax before our new duties kick in." Shyran suggested.
-------------{@ I'ent --- // Inggharudube // Lerina // Shyran----- // ----- R'mia ------------{@

Marks Tracker

Parker
Marks: 4538.00 [Donate]

Postby Parker » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:17 pm

Argow, feeling just as playful, reared up and put her paws across her brother's shoulders and then gently tugged on one of his ears. For all their conversation was more mature, they were still cubs and as such play was very necessary. Yes, it is a very good thing we have you around now to keep the peace. The Pack is growing so much, which is wonderful, but with more minds come more opinions." She knew herself well enough to know that she could easily be one of the ones that could get into or start an argument. Thankfully, Darrow more often than not could keep her temperment in check.

"Yeah, The Mother has never struck me as the sort that willingly asks for help." He'd met her only a couple of times and by met it was more like he'd seen her after a performance. He'd never spoken to her, of course. Even if he was a well-known harper, he was a male still and not that high up in his family. "I wonder though...if Atricis did try and help...how would they? Would we have to pick a side or...just try and calm things down between both sides?" Darrow was no mediator and he wasn't well educated when it came to delicate situations like this. He was much better at sticking with his music.

"Yeah, that's true. I don't need more excitement beyond getting to see more of our home." Boring on patrols was a good thing, at least he heard many of the older dayhandlers say that. He thought again of the recent lives lost and it made his heart fall in his stomach for those closest to them. "I hope with all of us wherhandlers we'll be able to stop them before too long." They had to be hopeful about that.

The string of compliments she gave next made him blush more and it seemed he somehow got a little redder with each one. "Performing...I don't know...I guess I never feel like there are a lot of people staring at me, so it's not as hard for me." Darrow was able to put up a mental wall between himself and the crowd that allowed him to do his music with his whole heart instead of panicking that he was the center of attention. It was a trick his sister had helped him with. "As for being comfortable....umm...no, not really. I've just learned to be okay with being uncomfortable." He was feeling more relaxed now than he had when they first started talking, he'd been rather uncomfortable then.

"We probably should. Would you mind if I stayed with you when we did that?" He asked sheepishly with a crooked grin.
ImageImageImageImageImage
F'lin & Mnenomth | Mar'lus & Shardamakath | C'sian & Gastoneth | B'tian & Villeforth | Sid'nis & Iolith

ImageImageImageImage
Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth | So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith

Darrow & Argow | Najden & Weisden | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk | Kisle'vis & Cetovas
.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash

LdyPayne

Postby LdyPayne » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:58 pm

<Somebody has to keep you all in line,> Pacaran joked, pushing against Argow with his chest even as he also reared up. He was as large as any guardian length wise but a much leaner build despite the fact he really was quite strong for what he was. However he wasn't trying to hurt his clutch sister but eager to play with her even though both of them were nearly full grown.

Shyan glanced over at Pacaran as the two young Daywhers started to get into a push/shove contest but recognized it as just play so turned her attention back to Darrow. If things started to get too rough she'll rein in Pacaran if needed. She didn't think it'll come to that, he was old enough now, both of them really, neither would intentionally harm the other, or even accidentally.

"If we were called to help I think the best way would be as impartial negotiators to help find a solution both sides can agree to. However, if rumours are true and Mother did have a hand in killing Phoenith's rider and causing the gold to flee Walled Hold with her golden daughter's egg, I don't see them asking for help." It just didn't make sense for the gold to leave Walled Hold and risk carrying an egg Between and abandoning the rest of her clutch if her rider was just sick from natural causes. "Unless the one responsible did it of their own violation...the responsible party could be anybody, including affiliated with those opposed to Mother's rule. Perhaps after we graduate I should write my family and see what issues have been brought people's attention in regards to what happened to Sonia."

Unlike many Atricians Shyran had only realy knew what was said at Walled Hold about why Phoenith had fled with her sick and dying rider and took her unhatched daughter with her. The rumors were many, including somebody had tried to assassinate Sonia but was shot by one of the Legionnaires watching over her and the clutch. Some claimed it was the girl herself who had been causing Sonia's illness. Shyran even heard it was an Atrician plot and Phoenith and Sonia were alive and well in Atricia, turning her back on Walled Hold in the process. The last rumor was disproved within a few days of her arrival at Atricia to become a Daywher Candidate. Since then she heard many accounts on what happened when Sonia and Phoenith arrived with very little variation so it had to be truth. It was clear Phoenith and Sonia were gone though her daughter hatched and Impressed without issue.

Shyran still felt Darrow was selling himself short. Even if he was uncomfortable he knew how to manage it and that was saying something. Not everybody liked speaking or even performing before a crowd but they did it anyway, either out of necessity, or simply enjoyment of performing, regardless of whether they had an audience or not. As a Daywhwer Handler, he would rarely if ever need to address a crowd of people so she was confident he wouldn't have trouble as a diplomat with small groups present.

"Not at all," She replied when he asked if he could stick by her should she arrange an informal get together with their fellow Daywher Handlers once they graduate. "This way we can both be sure to talk to all our fellow Daywherlings and get to know those we don't already. I can introduce you to Shiravani, she's pretty much the first person I became friends with when I arrived and became a Candidate."
-------------{@ I'ent --- // Inggharudube // Lerina // Shyran----- // ----- R'mia ------------{@

Marks Tracker

Parker

Postby Parker » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:08 pm

"If The Mother really is the one behind such awful killings..." Darrow shook his head sadly. "If it is true then I really can't blame people for rising up against her, but I still don't think a rebellion is the best way to go about it. I wonder if the Justicars are looking into matters or if they are too busy trying to keep the peace. I would think they'd have a few people to investigate such rumors. Then if there was any grounds to them they could put The Mother on trial." There had always been something about the Justicars that seemed so amazing to Darrow. Not that he would ever have the will or capabilities to even think of becoming one, but the whole idea of them was so noble. They were the law, above even The Mother, but even they weren't above the law themselves. "A part of me hopes that we won't have to get involved, that they will be able to work it out peacefully for themselves."

No, Argow. Don't play rough. Darrow scolded his lovely black as she was about to latch unto her brother's tail with her teeth. I'm not playing rough. Just playing. I'm almost full grown, let me enjoy this while I still feel like I am able to. She said back in a voice that was almost a whine. Once they graduated then, she felt, there would be no time for playing like this...despite Darrow assuring her that if she still wanted to play she could. Darrow pressed with his mind again for her to not use her mouth when playing. She grumbled, but complied.

"Sorry about her. She can be a little too rough sometimes." He quickly apologized to her. The last thing he needed was to get on the bad side of one of the few other daylings he'd started to get to know.

"Shiravani. She's bonded to the white, right?" Darrow could, on occasion, be good with names. "It would be an honor to meet her officially."
F'lin & Mnenomth | Mar'lus & Shardamakath | C'sian & Gastoneth | B'tian & Villeforth | Sid'nis & Iolith

ImageImageImageImage

Darrow & Argow | Najden & Weisden | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk | Kisle'vis & Cetovas

LdyPayne

Postby LdyPayne » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:31 pm

Shyran had to believe the Justicars were looking into the whole incident. If rumors were true then Mother should be put on trial. If the rumors were just that it would put those stirring up rebellion in the wrong. It could escalate into a civil uprising at Walled Hold which wouldn't be good for anybody, certainly not for a business oriented family like her own.

"We can only hope the matter is being looked into throughoutly," Shyran responded. "For now there isn't much we can do but hope our loved ones aren't dragged into it or end up hurt in any way."

She glanced back at Pacaran and it did look like Argow was going to bite her Jewel's tail but stopped. Shyran wondered maybe her assumption the young Daywher wouldn't get too rough was wrong. Even if she was, Darrow clearly put a stop to it before it could escalate into too rough play.

You alright Pacaran? You aren't getting too rough with her are you? Shyran inquired. She hadn't been watching the two Daywhers playing since it started so it was possible Pacaran may have instigated. He didn't seem the sort but he could be assertive at times.

<I am fine, we're just playing, nothing to fuss about.> Pacaran assured her. <Besides, it's not like I can't push her down if she got too rough.> he added.

Shyran wasn't sure if Pacaran could subdue the white but felt it was best they didn't get into a dominance thing. It was too early for that short of foolishness as far as she was concerned. Just take it easy, better to avoid any accidents than having to apologize for it later, Shyran advised. Pacaran gave a mental wave of agreement and pride, as though by showing wisdom herself, it made the Jewel proud of her. Shyran didn't think it was that wise of a suggestion, more common sense but appreciated the feelings her Daywher sent her.

"Yes, that's right," Shyran responded, turning her attention fully on Darrow again. "First chance we get I will introduce you two."

"Well, I think I had a long enough break, I best get back to my studies. You're welcome to join me, we can quiz each other. Perhaps where I am weak you are strong and vise versa and by working together we can both improve."

Marks Tracker

Parker

Postby Parker » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:10 pm

Argow could tell that her rough housing with her brother was making her handler nervous, so she backed off. He had enough stress on his shoulders right now for her to knowingly add to it. She gave her brother a gentle nuzzle before leaving him alone as far as playing was going. There was no need for either of their handlers to get bent out of shape because they wanted to play.

"Well, I think I had a long enough break, I best get back to my studies. You're welcome to join me, we can quiz each other. Perhaps where I am weak you are strong and vise versa and by working together we can both improve."

You ready to begin studying again, my love? We can join them and perhaps then you will find more focus for what we need to learn rather than things we have no control over. The black pointed out and hoped that Darrow would take Shyran up on the offer.

"Yeah, that sounds like a wonderful idea. We're studying the same things, we might as well study them together." Darrow agreed and gestured for Shyran to head back into the common area. Argow was right. With her helping him to study, and vice versa, then he had less chance to dwell on the sad and worrisome things that had drove him away from his studies in the first place.

{fin}

ImageImageImageImage

Return to “The Weyr Yard”