Birthday Fishes

New Atricis Weyr's westernmost border of territory lands along a coast of beaches and seaside cliffs. From the western coasts, a large island can be seen, but is off limits due to the dangers of rogues inhabiting the island. Including the Flotilla settlement, slowly, Atricis' coastal border is growing thanks to the Pearls and their riders.
Slasher

Mon May 27, 2019 4:14 pm

The arrival of the first of Winter reminded Sh'del of something...If he remembered correctly, the first of Dulu was his favorite Queenrider's birthing day. Well, he would have to do something...The man spent the last few days of Autumn trying to decide what he wanted to do, and then getting everything in order. Once everything was arranged and planned out, he penned a note to the lovely lady:

”Dearest Poppet,
Please do me the honor of accompanying me on a jaunt in honor of the most important day of the year...your birthday. You will meet me in the Weyr Yard at the crack of noon on that day. I have already insured that you have the time off.
Forever yours,
Sh'dork”

With a grin, he sent the small scroll off with Reef, and continued preparing. And as to making sure she didn't have duties, he had actually gone above her and offered to make up any time she had to miss if she had the day off. At the time and date he had specified, he was in the Weyr Yard, several suspicious satchels hanging from Lutorionth's harness. It would be a short flight.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
~:Stories:~ ~:Monies:~ ~:Plotter:~
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:52 am

How he had ensured her time off, she did not know, but she'd asked about it regardless, done extra work too just to be safe, and when the time came to get ready to go, Dirce had bathed and prepared herself in simple clothing and and a braid that she'd pinned to the back of her head. It wasn't anything special, but then again she wasn't too fussed anymore when it came to her Nameday - her brother and her sisters, of course, her own? forget about it - but since Sh'dork had gone out of the way to put something together, she at least went out of her own way to look slightly presentable.

Not that it was for him. Not at all. She was going simply for comfort, not knowing what he'd intended for the day at all. She wasn't excited either, no matter what Sandalphonth tried to insist throughout the day as she'd fussed with work that she really didn't need to do. The zultanite tried to tell her to hurry each and every time she'd set an old hide aside for a fresh new one, eager as she was to get with her favorite bronze dragon, but that didn't deter her rider in the slightest, and that's when the teasing had taken a turn for the earnest.

At least now she'd get to find out what this was all about, as she and the dragoness had gathered in the Yard where the bronze and rider were waiting patiently for them. She swallowed when she saw man and beast, trying hard to mask her thoughts, the attraction she felt when she spied him. She could only imagine what he must smell like, though she tried to tell herself that didn't matter, just like it made no difference to her fingertips whether or not his body was firm or where it might feel soft.

She dismounted and walked towards him, her steps slow and deliberate, making him wait longer on purpose and sighing as she grew near - maybe a little of whatever scent clung to him reached her thanks to the curve of the wind - and she felt temptation wrap around her legs in an attempt to force her to trot over to him and press her nose to his neck. Denying it, she remained steady on her feet and tilted her head in greeting to Luto and Dork when she reached his side. "I am here. Your worship of me on this day may now begin." Why she spoke like that around him she would never understand, especially when she tried to deny how she felt about him at the same time...

Please visit the above link for a list of my current
characters, links to their profiles, to see what
they look like, and find other little facts about them!

[ Marks Tracker | Graphics Shop | NPC Archive ]

“You fail only if you stop writing.”
— Ray Bradbury —
Slasher

Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:44 pm

Raising his hand to his chest and kneeling down in front of her to pay full and due reverence, Sh'Del exclaimed the several feats he'd personally witnessed the queenrider complete. “O wonderful Dirce; I beseech thee to join me for a day of but humble aquatic beast retrieval and consumption...” His smirk grew wide enough to almost obscure the rest of his admittedly handsome features before his eyes slowly opened to address her. “And along that same line of thought...” Suddenly he produced a small handwritten card from within the folds of his tunic, “I would present you with a token to commemorate the dawn of your nameday!”

The card was very crudely drawn(did he attempt to draw it himself? It looked like a child had done it), but depicted the woman astride her noble steed, only obvious for the attempt at proper colorings and markings, happily flaming(flamethrower? It was kind of hard to tell exactly where the flame was coming from) what appeared to be metallic silver squiggles whilst the letters above and below read “HAPPY NAMEDAY” in alternating blue and green letters. His smirk as he watched and waited for her response was rather self-indulgent. He knew he'd picked her favorite colors and he knew she wouldn't be able to hold back the chuckle at his humble art talent. And he was banking on his lack of ability to illicit an extra special reaction from her. He knew she would both love it, and be ridiculously amused.

Lutorionth squinted towards his rider, knowing all too well how much time he'd spent on this gift despite how hard the man was trying to play it off as a sarcastic one. The bronze had watched the multiple scrapped card attempts, remembering how one of them had bounced off of his snoot on its way to the rubbish bin. Sh'del had worked hard at it. In fact, the man had worked hard at all of his plans for the day. There was no guarantee they would all come to fruition, but he'd try his damnedest to make sure she had the best day.

After giving her ample time to enjoy the horror show of a nameday card, he grinned and headed for Luto, ”Let us alight!” Considering all he had planned, he didn't want to rush her, but he did want to get started. It wasn't a long flight to a little cove he had found, one that was honestly kind of perfect for his plans. Landing neatly on the strip of sand, Luto immediately slid to the side, Sh'del following to unhook all the bronze's straps as the Zultanite settled in as well.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ember

Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:16 pm

She laughed and punched his shoulder, though from the way she hugged the card to her she obviously adored the attempt no matter how much she was amused by the crudeness of it all. She shook her head as she turned to tuck it away, placing it in a the spot she'd most likely not forget it in, then turned back and moved to kiss his cheek. "Only one you're getting, and don't press your luck, Sh'dork." She was surprised by how much she didn't mean that, and before a response could be had by either of them, or she could go back to him and perhaps make a mess of herself worse than the scribbles on the card, she went to her dragon like he'd suggested and climbed up, glad for the distance between them if only for a pinch of time.

It allowed her to rest and breath and regroup after being in his presence, but roughly seventy-five percent of that unraveled by the time they reached the cove and she landed nearby Luto. Sandy was amused, and she ignored the zultanite as she carefully removed both strap and harness and set them aside so that she could get herself more comfortable for the time they were at the cove, then she pulled her hair back and tied it up, making sure nothing touched the skin of her neck or shoulders; t felt nice, having the breeze on her flesh after having removed her jacket, but she insisted the flush she felt was purely heat from the progression of Spring.

Definitely not from something else.

Before he could do something HE would come to regret - like remove his shirt while she was watching - she turned to watch as Sandy led Luto away towards the water's edge like a puppy on a leash. "Where did you find this place anyway? It's beautiful, will hopefully make for some good fishing."

— Ray Bradbury —
Slasher

Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:05 pm

The feeling of her lips on his cheek practically burned, and he couldn't help the slightly goofy smile that kept trying to take over his face. He didn't know exactly what her response would be, but the one he got was better than he might have hoped for. As she landed behind him, he was quick to remove Luto's straps, and release the dragon to follow his lady down to the water. When Dirce watched the dragons parade off, Sh'del took the the opportunity to slip into the treeline. Dragging a pre-placed small skif out, he waited patiently for her to turn back towards him, standing at the bow like the small watercraft was a prized runner on display.

Her words were an echoing precursor to his plans, really, ”That is exactly my hope...Your chariot awaits, My Lady.” When she turned towards him, he offered a sweeping bow, gesturing towards the small boat. He didn't wait too long on his dramatic display however. Straightening, he gabbed the sides of the small boat, and finished dragging/pushing it until the gently moving waves kissed the keel. Within the confines of the boat were a couple fishing rods, a box that had bits of fishing line and some hooks, as well as a couple small jars that had various types of bait in them.

Lutorionth slid into the water alongside Sandalphonth, letting his bulk drift out a bit lazily as one whirling eye kept watch on the zultanite. He rather enjoyed the feel of the water on his hide, it had been too long since he had just swam.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ember

Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:48 pm

She turned to look at him and saw the little skiff, stepped towards it and saw what was inside. The softest, most tender expression lit up her face and she glanced up at him with what looked like appreciation and... adoration? Whatever it was she quickly looked away with a soft flush on her cheeks and knelt down to look at everything more closely, humming in approval over the poles and lines, the bait and hooks, that he'd selected for them, then stood to approach and poke him in the chest. "If you're doing this to try and sweeten me up... it might be working, baker." Not dork, but something a little kinder this time, and she melted as she wrapped herself around him for a hug. "Thank you, Dork. This is all so lovely."

She held him for longer than she normally would have shown him softness and contact, then quickly pulled back and away, her breath in her throat as she went back to the skiff, where she nudged it with her toe and started to stutter over herself. "So uh... w-we should uh... get this in the um..." She licked her lips and waved towards the water, forgetting for the briefest of moments what it was called, still feeling him against her, still smelling him against her nose. "The big body of wet stuff."

— Ray Bradbury —
Slasher

Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:15 pm

As she hugged him, he gladly obliged. His arms wrapped around her in a firm hug, shamelessly breathing her in as his face pressed against her hair. And she lingered. Good with him, to be honest. He held her for as long as she wanted to be held, reveling in the feel of her in his arms, even if it was just a hug. It was obvious she was loving his plans so far. He just hoped it continued.

When she started to pull away finally, he let her, even if his fingers dragged along her arms as he stepped back, and faced the skif. ”I'm glad you're enjoying it. This is just the beginning!” He gestured at her, ”And yes, we should get it in the water.” His tone was teasing as he emphasized 'water' and winked at her, ”Hop in!” When she obliged, he went to the back of the small boat, and gripped the edges firmly. Once she was settled, he shoved. It only took a few steps before the skif was floating, and he stepped a couple times into the water itself before hopping over the edge.

Grabbing the oars, he heaved against the gentle current of the waves. It was gently breezy, and the skif had a small sail, but getting out past the wake would take more than just the light wind that there was. He knew she could grab the sail, but he would work the oars, pushing them out past the first line of waves. Once they were a bit out, he dropped the anchor, letting it catch on the coral and rock below. The water around them was gently moving, just enough that fish below would feel safe between the outer reef, and the shore.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ember

Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:36 am

In her "chariot" she felt the happiest she had in a long time. Warm, safe, loved, protected. Nothing would happen to her while she was in this little container of a boat, not that she would let it become of her, but she knew Sh'del would watch over her; that is, if Sandalphonth didn't get to her fast enough.

She glanced out at the water as he rowed, her fingers dipping over the boat's edge into the gentle barely there waves, a soft smile on her face, and she knew she was in a good place. She knew something that he didn't, and it was something she would hold close to her heart until she felt he deserved to hear it.

*And when will he deserve to know?*

*Who knows. He's a dork.*

Seriously, or more so than her response weighed, she shifted until she was sat up, her eyes darting to the man opposite her as the boat came to a stop, and she settled her legs before her, pressed elbow to knee, and observed him for a long moment before judging herself ready to use words. "What is it that you have planned beyond this, Sh'dork?" She asked, using the teasing nickname they had given him, more or less together, with a chuckle. "If you were hoping to get a kiss for these birthday fishes, then you may be heading in the right direction for that, mister."

— Ray Bradbury —
Slasher

Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:13 pm

”Beyond this?” He looked innocently up at her, then shrugged, ”I may have plans, but nothing is set in stone. I figured we would fish, and go from there.” He pulled a sack out from under one of the benches in the boat, and opened it, pulling out various fishing gear and laying it out for her choice. He knew she was a rather successful fisher in her own right, so he wouldn't deign to assume to dictate what she fished with. For himself, he chose a rod, and some bait vs a lure. Before casting however, he bowed slightly to her, grinning, ”Ladies first.”

He couldn't help but chuckle at her though, ”Am I? That's good to know, considering that sounds like a perfectly acceptable goal. I'd take kisses from you any day.” His tone was almost matter of fact as he eyed her, letting her take the initiative and choose her tools and casting place.

Further out in the waters, Lutorionth rolled under the waves, letting the water slide over his hide like it was air. It felt good, letting the warm salt water reach all the folds and crevices of his limbs. Oh, he would require a good bath and oiling later, of course. But in the meantime, he had a lovely swim partner. Looking in the zultanite's direction, Luto spoke to her, I do hope you enjoy the water here. We were not sure if you and yours have been to this beach before or not.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage